Five Star Home Inspections Inc. is a San Antonio based company that has provided inspection services in San Antonio and surrounding Texas cities and counties for over 28 years. Five Star Home Inspections Inc.’s Chief Inspector, Mark Eberwine, has been Inspecting Homes and Commercial properties, educating clients, and assisting satisfied clients for 30 years.
- EPA Certified Listing for Radon Measurement Proficiency
- Certified Insurance Adjuster
- Certified in Environment Site Assessment
- TREC Professional Inspector
- TDA/SPCS Certified Applicator and WDI Inspector
- X-Ray Fluorescence lead-based paint equipment operator
- Radioactive Materials license
Employment Related to Construction
- Olmos Construction (1974-75)
- Sergeants Home Inspections Inc.
- Quality Control Inspector for multiple home builders
- Home Buyers Warranty 2-10 warranty inspector
- Expert Witness in Construction Defects litigation
- Expert Witness in Property Inspection litigation
- Five Star Home Inspections Inc.
Professional Biography for Mark Eberwine
- 2011 President of the Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors (TAREI)
- Past Director of Legislative & Regulatory Affairs at TAREI
- Past President of the San Antonio Real Estate Inspectors Association
- 2 Terms at the TRCC Warranty & Standards Committee as the Consumer Protection Member
- Consultant to the Inspector Committee at the Texas Real Estate Commission
- Contributor to Construction Defects stories for ABC, NBC, CBS affiliates
- Testimony before various House and Senate Subcommittees specific to Home Building
- Construction Defects and Binding Arbitration harm to consumers.
- Consumer Advocate working with Texas Watch and Consumers Union on Homebuilding and Construction defects issues.
- Contributor to the Texas Real Estate Commission Inspectors Exam (content and questions)
- Consultant to Texas State Legislature on Construction Defects Legislation and Homebuilder Legislation.
- Professional Inspector, approved to educate/train incoming lnspectors.